We’re Here, Social Distancing, Sending Support From Our Team
Amidst this unprecedented coronavirus crisis, we felt it appropriate to let our community of customers know that we are always here to help.
We appreciate that many customers will experience disruption to their business, and cancellation or postponement of projects, as our Government and local authorities implement measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and protect the NHS.
And, this is why we wanted to provide reassurance that our team will endeavour to provide as much of the support and service we’re trusted for, without disruption. There are some changes which we’ll be implementing:
- We have taken the difficult decision to temporarily pause timber reclamation and supply services.
- We give assurance that timber will be reclaimed as a matter of urgency from temporarily closed sites once government guidelines have been eased. PLEASE DO NOT BURN OR SEND TIMBER TO LANDFILL DURING THE INTERIM AS THIS REMAINS ILLEGAL.
- We are working remotely, and available to share our knowledge and advice with architects, landscape gardeners, and engineers scoping future projects.
- Our timber yard will be cared for during this time, and we’ll be happy to store customer orders for as long as required, without any additional storage fees.
Each member of our team is doing what they must to stay safe and comply with social distancing guidelines. Please bear with us as we navigate the coming weeks and months. We are all in this together.
Our team is a family, our community of customers is the same. From each person here at Ashwells Reclaimed Timber, we wish everyone the strength and resolve to rise above the challenges ahead.
With warmest wishes,
Janine and Deb
Using this downtime to increase your firm’s green credentials? Here are some useful resources to help…
- Reclaimed Tropical Timber CPD eBook – https://ashwelltimber.com/#ebook
- Waste Management & Sustainable Construction – https://ashwelltimber.com/waste-management/
- Timber in the Circular Economy – https://ashwelltimber.com/timber-in-the-uks-circular-economy/
- Reclaimed Timber Guide – https://ashwelltimber.com/our-timber/
We can help you understand how to effectively reclaim and re-use timber within your marine, civil engineering, or landscape architecture project.
About Ashwells Reclaimed Timber
Ashwells Reclaimed Timber is a tropical reclamation specialist based in Bulphan, Essex. We reclaim and repurpose FSC certified tropical timber and temperate British hardwoods. From our timber mill we supply hard and softwoods to be re-purposed into bespoke pieces, from garden planters and seating to street furniture and sea defences. We’re also proud to collaborate with award winning landscape designers, architects and civil engineers, and our reclaimed tropical timber can be seen in major projects across the UK, including hotel and restaurant chains, the Chelsea Flower Show, Hampton Court, The Eden Project and London Zoo.