We’re Back! On hand to discuss your project challenges
We’re so happy to reopen the timber yard, and ‘press play’ again on our reclaimed timber services, including advice, surveys, reclamation and supply of FSC® certified timber. Our team is back on site safely with new social distancing working practices in place. We’re able to welcome essential yard visits by appointment. And, re-sawn timber is leaving the yard daily on route to projects around the UK. 🌴♻️👏😀
Over the past two months we’ve had time to consider the bigger picture, and as the world slowly starts to return from it’s COVID-19 pause, we’re asking how can we do things better? At Ashwells we’re adding renewed vigour to our circular economy mission – encouraging all clients to look again at ways to increase the percentage of reclaimed materials in future projects.
If ecological responsibility is high on your agenda then you’ll be glad to hear that our timber yard is stacked high with an impressive range of reclaimed tropical timber including Greenheart, Jarrah, Ekki and Opepe. Each piece has a unique FSC® certification number providing a transparent and traceable chain of custody, no matter its source.
We’re on hand to discuss project challenges, and help you find a way to increase the % of reclaimed timber specified through 2020.
- We are now able to book timber reclamation surveys and transport. If you have unwanted timber and would like to have it reclaimed from your site please contact us to arrange.
- Client timber stored on site during lockdown is now starting to be dispatched for transport. If your site is now open, and you’d like to arrange delivery please contact us to arrange.
Each member of our team is now trained, and following working practices to enable us all to stay safe and comply with social distancing guidelines. Please bear with us as we navigate the coming weeks and months. We are all in this together.
With warmest wishes,
Janine and Deb
Planning to come back better by reclaiming and reusing tropical timber in your 2020 projects? Here are some useful resources to help…
- Reclaimed Tropical Timber CPD eBook – https://ashwelltimber.com/#ebook
- Waste Management & Sustainable Construction – https://ashwelltimber.com/waste-management/
- Timber in the Circular Economy – https://ashwelltimber.com/timber-in-the-uks-circular-economy/
- Reclaimed Timber Guide – https://ashwelltimber.com/our-timber/
We can help you understand how to effectively reclaim and re-use timber within your marine, civil engineering, or landscape architecture project.
About Ashwells Reclaimed Timber
Ashwells Reclaimed Timber is a tropical reclamation specialist based in Bulphan, Essex. We reclaim and repurpose FSC certified tropical timber and temperate British hardwoods. From our timber mill we supply hard and softwoods to be re-purposed into bespoke pieces, from garden planters and seating to street furniture and sea defences. We’re also proud to collaborate with award winning landscape designers, architects and civil engineers, and our reclaimed tropical timber can be seen in major projects across the UK, including hotel and restaurant chains, the Chelsea Flower Show, Hampton Court, The Eden Project and London Zoo.